Mission & Vision
Why we do what we do
The Potter’s House Church in Wembley is a Bible-based, Spirit-filled, non-denominational church with a master passion to reach those far from God and lead them to become fully devoted followers of Jesus. Every church needs to have a mission statement that answers the question, “why do we exist?”.
At The Potter’s House Church in Wembley, we filter every idea, program, and budget request through our mission statement. If what we plan doesn’t help us meet our purpose, then we don’t do it. Our mission at the Potter’s House Church in Harrow is summarized in a single statement:
“To reach people with the message of Jesus that they might become fully devoted followers of Christ and fulfil their destiny.”
OUR VISION ON:
- Evangelism: The Gospel taken outside the four walls is the absolute foundation of our church, in obedience to Mark 16:15 And He said to them, ‘Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature’… We emphasize personal evangelism, and a large variety of outreaches to share the Gospel.
- Conversion: We witness, testify and preach for a decision. The Gospel has the power to save and transform lives. 1 Peter 1:23 having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever… The bulk of our congregation consists of people converted here by the Power of God.
- The Local Church: God has placed everything necessary to accomplish His will in the setting of the local church. Ephesians 1:22-23 …the church. Which is his body, the fullness of him who fills everything in every way. God’s will is accomplished in us and through us as connect and commit ourselves to a local church.
Discipleship: God intends for calling to Him, and for Him, to be accomplished through being trained and equipped within the setting of a local church. Therefore, the highest calling of a Pastor and congregation is to obey God’s command in Matthew 28:19-20 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.
- Church Planting: The result of disciples being raised up is that they be released into the harvest field. Matthew 9:37-38 Then He said to His disciples, “The harvest truly is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest.” We send couples to plant brand new congregations, with the aim of reproducing our vision in a new area.
- World Evangelism: From the earliest Bible record, God’s vision is worldwide testimony and impact. The gospel message and the vision God has revealed to us is not simply American, but God-inspired; so therefore it works, and is relevant in every nation and culture of the world. Mark 16:15 all the world/every person…Matthew 28:19 all the nations… Our job as believers, and as the local church is to pray, train, invest, send and support workers to go into all the world!